Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:39 PM   #126
NWI73
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
On twitter?
NWI73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:05 AM   #127
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWI73 View Post
On twitter?
i will post it on twitter when it starts most likely this week on thursday.
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:14 AM   #128
rapaleeman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Agree with pretty much everyone here at how awesome this case is.

Truthfully I had only heard of Magpul as a weapons accessories manufactuerer since my job has a bunch of their attachments and sights laying around for our test rifles.

Despite the old keyhole cut out the Olive drab case I got sent me was actually really great. No flash issues, sturdy case yet easy to grip, and a firm but easy to press volume rocker makes this a steal at the crazy price I heard this cost.

$10 bucks is straight up insane for the price. If only I didn't have so many cases. I can truly see someone not wanting to give this a shot due to no brand recognition and the fact that it looks cheap/plain. Key word is "looks". The case feels really solid and easy to pull in and out of my pocket with little to no lint or sticky-ness

I'm actually giving this one to a co-worker who is really rough on his stuff since he is constantly in the field. We'll see how it holds up for him. He hates the bulk or else I would have given him one of my old Defenders or the new Survivor I just got in. He is currently using a beat to crap Candyshell. I had never seen one of those cracked open until he showed me his.
rapaleeman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:14 PM   #129
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
I love it more and more, I use it everyday now when I can.
__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:31 PM   #130
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
I love it more and more, I use it everyday now when I can.
this case really is a fantastic case, and to be made by a company that doesnt make iphone cases makes me laugh, also the fact that they are selling it for so cheap.
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:55 PM   #131
Meltdownblitz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
It says on their website they are shipping to dealers and distributors, what companies would that be? And if any, which local stores would this be sold at?
Meltdownblitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:05 PM   #132
h1r0ll3r
macrumors 68040
 
h1r0ll3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz View Post
It says on their website they are shipping to dealers and distributors, what companies would that be? And if any, which local stores would this be sold at?
Since they sell firearm accessories, my initial guess would be outdoorsy type stores like Bass Pro Fishing/Gander Mountain or something along those lines. Maybe they'll distribute them to sporting goods store as well like Sports Authority/Dick's/etc. Just a guess.
__________________
15" MBP iPad (3rd Gen) iPod Nano (6th Gen) & 160GB Classic ATV
Galaxy Note 2
h1r0ll3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:13 PM   #133
Meltdownblitz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
Since they sell firearm accessories, my initial guess would be outdoorsy type stores like Bass Pro Fishing/Gander Mountain or something along those lines. Maybe they'll distribute them to sporting goods store as well like Sports Authority/Dick's/etc. Just a guess.
Hmm.. Or they could send them to places like walmart which carries iPhone accessories.
Meltdownblitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:29 PM   #134
Eric374
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wichita, Kansas
They sell them on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
__________________
Sometimes the public school system really pisses me off......
Eric374 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:36 PM   #135
NickMagpul
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
All,

Sorry for the lack of communication on my end - I'm glad the cases are showing up. Many of you are aware that Magpul's primary product line is composed of weapon accessories/equipment, and my job is military/international sales & business development. As such, I have been in Afghanistan for the last few weeks visiting American and allied friends and end users all over the country, and I will be in Germany for about one more week before heading home to Colorado. We take all product development and production seriously, but as no one is relying on their iPhone case in combat, I'm sure everyone here can understand my absence from this thread while I tend to other matters! To address a couple issues brought up while I was gone:

1. If you sent me an email or PM and have NOT received your case(s), please re-send the email/PM, including your name, shipping address, iPhone model (iPhone 3G/3GS or iPhone 4), and desired color (black, tan, OD green, foliage green, orange, or pink).

2. If you received an iPhone 4 case, but it is the old "key hole" shaped camera/flash hole, please send me an email with the same information requested above (name, shipping address, iPhone model, and desired color). I will make sure to have a replacement sent to you ASAP with the flash issue corrected. Those were the only cases that were supposed to ship, but something may have been overlooked with me being across the globe.

3. I'll address the off center camera/flash port with our production department to see what can be done. I haven't seen it, but then again, I'm running the original version with flash problems...

Thanks for the reviews, everyone. Glad to hear most are satisfied with the case!
__________________
--Nick
Magpul Industries Corp.
Military/International Sales & Business Development
NickMagpul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:39 PM   #136
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
^ Tony Stark?
__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:49 PM   #137
NickMagpul
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo7 View Post
Looks like Magpull is sending you guys the defects or seconds for free. If that's the way a paying customer's camera cutout is I would send that crap back. Anyone order one from them for real money and have the crooked new and improved camera cutout?? Maybe they just took an exacto to the old design and shipped them out for free?? Gets rid of the old stock and get some free advertising praises from the sheep.
Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Send me an address and I'll send you a free case, too...no exacto blade work, I promise.
__________________
--Nick
Magpul Industries Corp.
Military/International Sales & Business Development
NickMagpul is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:34 PM   #138
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMagpul View Post
Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Send me an address and I'll send you a free case, too...no exacto blade work, I promise.
haha magpul is awsome, nick thanks for posting that its great, really nice cases nick thanks.
weisjt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:51 PM   #139
iamartimus
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey Nick, for some reason I can't find your email address. Please check your PM. I received a iPhone 4 case with the keyhole camera cutout. Great cases!!!
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:58 PM   #140
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Love it

__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 08:05 AM   #141
parrot5
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Any love for Canadians? I can't find the new version (which a larger hole for flash) anywhere, including online.
parrot5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:48 AM   #142
NWI73
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
My scare - last night I was half asleep, went into the bathroom to take my contacts off, went to grab the phone out of my pocket and BOOM it slipped out of my hand and tumbled noto the bathroom floor (vinyl flooring). It bounced off of the floor, into the wall and back onto the floor (in this magpul executive field case) and the case saved it. No damage and the thud it made when hitting the floor and wall was a gentle thud (almost like I could actually hear the case saving the phone).
NWI73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:06 PM   #143
iamartimus
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMagpul View Post
All,

Sorry for the lack of communication on my end - I'm glad the cases are showing up. Many of you are aware that Magpul's primary product line is composed of weapon accessories/equipment, and my job is military/international sales & business development. As such, I have been in Afghanistan for the last few weeks visiting American and allied friends and end users all over the country, and I will be in Germany for about one more week before heading home to Colorado. We take all product development and production seriously, but as no one is relying on their iPhone case in combat, I'm sure everyone here can understand my absence from this thread while I tend to other matters! To address a couple issues brought up while I was gone:

1. If you sent me an email or PM and have NOT received your case(s), please re-send the email/PM, including your name, shipping address, iPhone model (iPhone 3G/3GS or iPhone 4), and desired color (black, tan, OD green, foliage green, orange, or pink).

2. If you received an iPhone 4 case, but it is the old "key hole" shaped camera/flash hole, please send me an email with the same information requested above (name, shipping address, iPhone model, and desired color). I will make sure to have a replacement sent to you ASAP with the flash issue corrected. Those were the only cases that were supposed to ship, but something may have been overlooked with me being across the globe.

3. I'll address the off center camera/flash port with our production department to see what can be done. I haven't seen it, but then again, I'm running the original version with flash problems...

Thanks for the reviews, everyone. Glad to hear most are satisfied with the case!
Nick, what's your email address? I can't find it anywhere now, even though I emailed you before. I PMed you, but not sure if you got it or check it.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:33 PM   #144
psywzrd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
@Nick: I PM'd you as well but I don't want to bug you with an email if you already got my PM and/or my case is already on its way to me.
psywzrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:49 PM   #145
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
if anyone is interested in 3g/3gs cases send me a pm i have a line of them i dont need.... thanks
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:40 PM   #146
guccigucci88
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisjt View Post
if anyone is interested in 3g/3gs cases send me a pm i have a line of them i dont need.... thanks
hey bro let me know if u got my pm thanks
guccigucci88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:33 PM   #147
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigucci88 View Post
hey bro let me know if u got my pm thanks
sent you a pm
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:37 AM   #148
egonpax
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Has Nick replied to anyone here as of yet? I sent him an email but haven't heard anything.

I apparently have the old keyhole version of the case and would like the updated new one!

I REALLY like the Magpul case and a lot of their other accessories for the AR platform!
egonpax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:12 AM   #149
psywzrd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by egonpax View Post
Has Nick replied to anyone here as of yet? I sent him an email but haven't heard anything.

I apparently have the old keyhole version of the case and would like the updated new one!

I REALLY like the Magpul case and a lot of their other accessories for the AR platform!
I sent both a PM and an email to Nick and I haven't received a response to either. Maybe he's still on the road.
psywzrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:33 AM   #150
kicko
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
i'd like to buy one of these cases but i'm afraid i'm going to get teh "keyhole" on ebay.
kicko is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magpul Field case for 5s Review chibamac iPhone Accessories 102 Dec 17, 2013 09:14 PM
Not happy with Magpul Field Case Bobioden iPhone Accessories 6 Oct 30, 2013 03:37 PM
What's so good about the Magpul Field case? Thomasss95 iPhone Accessories 36 Oct 15, 2013 07:43 PM
Magpul Field Case for iPhone 5 at Amazon ntnwwnet iPhone Accessories 3 Aug 2, 2013 06:44 AM
Belt Holster/Magpul Field case mpossoff iPhone Accessories 4 Aug 27, 2012 05:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC