Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petalino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
My 4GB Ram 11" is having a weird delay from keyboard or mouse input to the screen when using Gmail and Safari.

When I type a Gmail text, all works fine without a delay, but placing the cursor in a different spot takes a few seconds of time each time I do it.

It is quite annoying and slows me down.

I tried using Firefox and the delay is not happening.

I thought that it may be due to the need for Gmail to have an active connection via WIFI, and sometimes the signal may be weaker. If this is true though, why is this not happening with Firefox?

I did however use a MAcBook and Imac on the same WIFI connection, and both are just fine: no delay at all using either FF or Safariwith Gmail.

Very strange.

Anyone else have this situation?

sunsnewmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
I'm experiencing just the opposite actually, an annoying lag using Firefox, but not Safari--similar situation as you describe but actually with more than just Gmail. It happens in Hotmail and in many pages that have forms, or require input such as this forum. Also, scrolling Web pages is often to always sluggish in Firefox...I was actually just about to post about it but it's too similar an issue to yours.

norneDK

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but is there any trick to make the text in Gmail bigger for the MBA 11"? It's really tiny and so far I've only managed to change the Gmail settings to showing less conversations on each page.

I don't know if there's another way to deal with it. I might have to set up Mail to handle my Gmail instead but wanted to stay web based.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.