Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:57 PM   #1
frostshoxx
macrumors newbie

Using self.view = self.nextView cause the iPad to display a white blank screen

Hi everyone,

I work on an iPad application where there are two views for two orientation.

In iPhone app version, I got the part where it will rotate to the target orientation and switch the view. Everything seems to work perfect.

So I used the same technique for I use on the iPhone app on the iPad app, but there seems to be a problem. The first the the orientation change, the view does change properly. However, after that, the screen will turn into a blank white screen.

I suspect that it has something to do with how I change the view. Note that I use this command to do it.

self.view = self.nextView1; for portrait
self.view = self.nextView2; for landscape

Note that I declare these two view as IBOutlet, set it to nonatomic, retain property, synthesize, and release them at the dealloc method just like what I did on iPhone version.

Is there something different in iPad environment that I can't use self.view = (new view) to change the view?
frostshoxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming