Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
So I am running the latest version of Turbo.264 HD (1.1.3) and trying to convert AVI files to the Apple TV setting.

After they convert the video plays fine but there is no audio.

I tried using a program called Subler but that was no help. Maybe I didn't use it right.

Anyone else have this problem and know a solution?

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
You are right. I am not into the whole renting business yet. Maybe if movies didn't cost $5 I would think about it. I am not a member of Netflix so yeah... ATV is really not for me.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Also....the sound issue was due to the Turbo.264.....I used the first generation model, and upgraded to the second generation (HD) version....nice idea, but the products output is completely unpredictable.

Software that I use that can make use of it, on contacting the software authors, actually DO NOT endorse it.

I spent months communicating with Elgato re its issues and got no where. From corruptions, sound sync issues, sound missing issues, it was just a pain to use. Can be blazingly fast, but when you dont know if the end result will be viable, its drops to a next to useless product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.