Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAndrew92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Oporto, Portugal

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Something isn't right, because it says you have 2GB installed in your "about this mac" screen shot, but in activity monitor, it only recognizes 512MB. Try reseating your RAM, and don't be afraid to give it a solid push into the slots.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Ive removed the 1 gb stick so im only with 1 gb of ram, i got 669 mb free ram whats wrong with the other one?

the 1GB is probably the problem then. You have 1GB still installed and 669MB free, which sounds about right. You'll want to replace that 1GB stick, and maybe even just grab 4 new 1GB sticks, which are pretty inexpensive, and will be helpful for photoshop.

MacAndrew92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Oporto, Portugal
Okay :D thanks a lot for your support really helped me :D

One final question if u dont mind do u think OS X 10.4.11 is old :/ cause i really don't wanna to upgrade and apple droped tiger support :(:(

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Okay :D thanks a lot for your support really helped me :D

One final question if u dont mind do u think OS X 10.4.11 is old :/ cause i really don't wanna to upgrade and apple droped tiger support :(:(

Personally I dont think its that old really (I was using OS 9 for production until 2010 when I finally jumped off of Final Cut Pro 1) - I still have it in full time use on my iTunes Server, and I have 10.3.9 on a PowerBook as its just so much faster than 10.5 even though its supported on both, and I have the disks). There are still community projects such as TenFourFox designed to bring the latest Browsing etc to it.

MacAndrew92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Oporto, Portugal
Thanks a lot :) btw i've seen your youtube videos they are very cool gosh u must be lucky to have lots of macs xd

One question does the hosting webs.com are okay cause im using a home made web server intel atom xd

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks a lot :) btw i've seen your youtube videos they are very cool gosh u must be lucky to have lots of macs xd

One question does the hosting webs.com are okay cause im using a home made web server intel atom xd

You mean hosting a website on webs.com? Yeah I've had one on there since '06 with no problems.

http://ncsu81.co.nr/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.