Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
I bought a gift for a client of mine through a China online reseller and had the company send it by Swiss Post. Swiss Post is used by a number of discount resellers in China. I thought you might want to know how good and fast it is so I am posting this link to Swisspost.com so that you can follow my package. To give you a bit of history. I got my shipping confirm by email on Thurs 10pm 27th of Jan. The packag was traceable on the 29th. Now the question is how long will it take to get to Denmark.

I want to find a reliable method to send iPhone 4 gifts to my clients. I want to be able to trace it so that when it arrives I can call them by skype the following day and ask them how they like it. :)

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
I bought a gift for a client of mine through a China online reseller and had the company send it by Swiss Post. Swiss Post is used by a number of discount resellers in China. I thought you might want to know how good and fast it is so I am posting this link to Swisspost.com so that you can follow my package. To give you a bit of history. I got my shipping confirm by email on Thurs 10pm 27th of Jan. The packag was traceable on the 29th. Now the question is how long will it take to get to Denmark.

I want to find a reliable method to send iPhone 4 gifts to my clients. I want to be able to trace it so that when it arrives I can call them by skype the following day and ask them how they like it. :)

While I can't help (and wish you the speediest of delivery!!), it's great you are posting your experience. I encourage you to keep us all up to date in case someone a day, week, month, or year down the road has the same question and finds this thread! I can't tell you how many threads I have found months or years later with the same question and the original poster never posts a solution or status update! It drives me crazy!

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Swiss Post from Senzhen, China to Copenhagen, Denmark in 5 days from the time Swiss Post posted the first tracking record, 7 days from the time NonameChina sent me my tracking number and 8 days from the time I placed my order. Much better than I expected. The person I sent it to lives in Copenhagen so it should be easy for Swiss Post to connect the last dot. Click here to view Swiss Posts tracking information. :)

ridax

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
What kind of Swiss Post service is this? Do Swiss Post ship FROM any country?

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
What kind of Swiss Post service is this? Do Swiss Post ship FROM any country?

I would imagine they would ship from other countries, you will have to check that out. A lot of shipping companies are trying to get the Chinese business because they export so much product. I never heard about Swiss Post before but it looks very good. If you click this SwissPost link you will see they already tried to deliver the product today which is 6 days, Shenzhen, China to Copenhagen, Denmark from the time the package could be tracked.

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Here is the final damage on the package I sent to Denmark. Swisspost manage to get it from Shenzhen to Denmark in 7 days and were good enough to return because the person was not there to recieve it. My evaluation with this small sample is that Swisspost is a cost effective, quick way to ship a package from China to Europe.

Swisspost tracking information

Sat 29.01.2011 17:32 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Sat 29.01.2011 17:32 Arrival at border point of country of mailing Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 31.01.2011 13:08 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 31.01.2011 13:11 Departure from border point of country of mailing Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Thu 03.02.2011 13:44 Arrival at border point of destination country Copenhagen Inc
Fri 04.02.2011 07:23 Sorting 3050
Fri 04.02.2011 08:54 Delivery attempt: addressee not available 3050
Thu 10.02.2011 14:26 Delivered 3051

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.