Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexM-1997

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Hi Just another topic about one of my cod4 problems :( / :mad:

i wanted to do videos for youtube using the built in screen capture feature on Quick time X but if i get playing on cod whilst recording it will just freeze then there is no way to quit (i need to restart)

i tried it with the optimised settings and the lowest settings but it still froze
i tried recording in medium quality and worst on cod4 yet it still froze
i tried using screenium yet that would freeze up as well so im guessing that this is a problem with cod 4 in someway

i tried this with a game called urban terror but it did NOT freeze up and with another game called avert fate which has better graphics than cod4 and this did not freeze either

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Use the built in demo function to take recordings. Then you could run your screen recording program while playing it back, but I haven't tried personally.

Just open the console (`):

Code:
/record <name of demo>

without the <> to start recording. You should see a message at the lower left.

and

Code:
/stoprecord

...the purpose of which should be self evident.

To play back:

Code:
/demo <name of demo>

Note that you may need to create a new "Demos" folder under the profiles directory and move the demos there from the data folder to play them back.

AlexM-1997

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Use the built in demo function to take recordings. Then you could run your screen recording program while playing it back, but I haven't tried personally.

Just open the console (`):

Code:
/record <name of demo>

without the <> to start recording. You should see a message at the lower left.

and

Code:
/stoprecord

...the purpose of which should be self evident.

To play back:

Code:
/demo <name of demo>

Note that you may need to create a new "Demos" folder under the profiles directory and move the demos there from the data folder to play them back.

ok but does this allow me to put on YouTube

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.