Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldMan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Europe
Hi -

1. Does anyone know if i can bypass the "activating" process when using redsn0w?

2. Is there any other tools to than Redsn0w and itunes, that can restore/update an iphone?

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you mean having to 'Boot tethered' every time you restart?

Or are you literally stuck at the activating screen?

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
GoldMan, are you trying to activate the phone or just trying to jailbreak? Also, what operating system is the computer running that you are hooking your phone to?

GoldMan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Europe
It happens when i try to jailbreak with 4.1 or 4.2.1.

It goes all the way like "installing bundles" but gets stuck at "activating"

Tried both win 7 and xp

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
Here's what I've learned. If you are running Windows 7, you need to run redsn0w in Windows XP compatible mode. I honestly can't tell you how to do that since I use XP. Also, there is a Windows version of redsn0w. Also, I think that the current redsn0w only jailbreaks 4.2.1. Once RS does it's first "jailbreak", you have to jailbreak again right after that. I'm sure you have read instructions on the steps. Don't forget that when jailbreaking with RS, it does take a few minutes for the iDevice to finish receiving the files. If you have more questions, we're here to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.