Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

130847-verizon_iphone_4_2_5.jpg

Apple today posted iOS 4.2.6 for the Verizon iPhone (iPhone3,3) to its site, preparing the way for users who will be receiving the phone in the next few weeks. The version checks in as Build 8E200.

The Verizon iPhone carried iOS 4.2.5 when it was demoed at the media event introducing the device earlier this month, so it appears that Apple has made some additional tweaks since that time.

- Direct link to iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone

No other iPhone or iPod touch models have received updated iOS versions with today's update.

Article Link: Apple Posts iOS 4.2.6 Firmware for Verizon iPhone

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Looking at the pic, I'm glad Apple got rid of that 1X EV thing that was on most Verizon phones and made some real bars lol

Never understood how to read the network strength on most Verizon phones.

Man I'm feeling that retina display right from the pic.
WHERE IS iPHONE 5?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

jsdc2005

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
Is this the update.....

That lets the phone do simultaneous voice and data or work in exotic locales such as Europe?

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Will be waiting for the White iPhone 5 then will go with Verizon, I know I said att last time, but I changed my mind.

BriChi

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
So you're willing to pay 45 dollars a month for 2 GB of data and tethering? I won't switch to AT&T tethering until they offer a bucket with it.

the 2gb cap is on the tethering only, the $30 of unlimited data is still unlimited when browsing on the iPhone

bubba*nix

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2004
Raleigh, NC
So you're willing to pay 45 dollars a month for 2 GB of data and tethering? I won't switch to AT&T tethering until they offer a bucket with it.

TetherMe will enable native tethering on any plan, thus this doesn't apply (with a Jailbroken device). With the addition of Hotspot, this means free access to that. The TetherMe devs have this already working. Can't wait for WPA2 wifi access!

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
That lets the phone do simultaneous voice and data or work in exotic locales such as Europe?

Software is not likely to fix a lack of hardware. Hardware that can do CDMA voice and data simultaneously isn't available just yet, supposedly those chips will land this year.

I think it's probably just a bug fix update for units already built and in transit already.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
TetherMe will enable native tethering on an plan, thus this doesn't apply. With the addition of Hotspot, this means free access to that. The TetherMe devs have this already working. Can't wait for WPA2 wifi access!

So you still need to jailbreak. That's a fail.

What will happen if a non-Verizon iPhone install the new firmware:confused:

It won't update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
I'm pretty much expecting 4.3 on the 9th for sure then. Also expecting a GM Candidate on the 2nd.

bubba*nix

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2004
Raleigh, NC
So you still need to jailbreak. That's a fail.

Really? It's fail? It's not fail that I can Facetime over 3G or use my data plan however I wish. You're missing out if you're not jailbreaking. It's not illegal you know; it's your device and your choice. If you're worried about warranty coverage, spring for SquareTrade who will fix your jailbroken phone if it acts up.

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
Wasn't there an iPhone3,2 in the firmware too?
Which iPhone was that?

AFAIR, iPhone3,1 was the iPhone 4

smitty97

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
Hardware version

iPhone3,3?

What is iPhone3,2 then? This summer's GSM update? It probably won't be all that much different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.