Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:06 PM   #1
breakhard77
macrumors newbie

Best Way to Back Up iPhone (Without iTunes)

I've always heard that it's better to do a clean restore yourself rather than relying on iTunes since it carries over a lot of messiness if you do it that way.

What I've been doing is using (a) Chronus to back up my App Store apps, (b) PkgBackup to remember which Cydia packages I have installed on my phone, and (c) DiskAid to manually transfer over my text messages and call log (and my Chronus backup data).

Now, this usually takes me at least half an hour. Is there a more efficient method that someone out there is using to back up their App Store apps (and all that other stuff)?
breakhard77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:36 PM   #2
outphase
macrumors 65816

You have been hearing FUD. The messiness carried over is the stuff that's backed up and restored. If you don't want your "mess," then do not restore from a backup and set up as a new phone and start fresh. If you retain any data, you are keeping the "mess" you are trying to avoid.
outphase is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone