Go to the item upon Local Notification - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1
lincolntran
macrumors 6502

Go to the item upon Local Notification

Hi all,

I got my local notification working so far. When the notification pop up, I click on the "View Details" and my app launch, but only the home screen of the app. I'm trying to go directly to the notified item to show the details but I have no idea how. Can someone give me a direction?

Thanks
lincolntran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:41 AM   #2
dejo

And you've read the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide already, particularly the section on "Handling Local and Remote Notifications"? What, specifically, are you having troubles with? Detecting upon startup whether the user tapped the action button of the alert, or redirecting to the item based on that detection?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:38 AM   #3
lincolntran
macrumors 6502

What I'm having problem understanding is that (in my case), the app is navigation based. In order for the user to get to the detail item, he must tap a couple of taps. So, how can I, for lack of better words, "simulate" those taps from application:didReceiveLocalNotification to the detail view.
lincolntran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:31 PM   #4
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68030

You can pushViewController:animated: For all but the last one that you push make the animated parameter NO. For the last one make it YES, like usual.

There is also a setViewControllers: method but I've had difficulty making it work correctly.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming