send three variables on button clicked - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Feb 3, 2011, 01:41 PM   #1
todizara
macrumors newbie

send three variables on button clicked

Hi!
I want to send three variables when clicking a button, the first is the tag and the other two I do not know how to declerer they.
todizara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 05:52 PM   #2
dejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by todizara View Post
I want to send three variables when clicking a button, the first is the tag and the other two I do not know how to declerer they.
You're going to have to be a lot more specific than that. Please elaborate. Also, what do you mean by "send"? And to what? What is the purpose of the three variables and what types are they? Etc. Details like this are important.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:37 PM   #3
todizara
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo View Post
You're going to have to be a lot more specific than that. Please elaborate. Also, what do you mean by "send"? And to what? What is the purpose of the three variables and what types are they? Etc. Details like this are important.
I mean by "send" is when I click on a button I can get these three variable by the action of this button. These variables are all integer.
The first variable is the tag, and the other two will be coordinated (x and y) from the button.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:44 PM   #4
dejo

Quote:
I mean by "send" is when I click on a button I can get these three variable by the action of this button. These variables are all integer.
The first variable is the tag, and the other two will be coordinated (x and y) from the button.
Well, if your IBAction is constructed in such a way that it accepts an (id)sender parameter, than you can typecast the sender into a UIButton and then just reference its tag property (actually inherited from UIView).

As for getting the x,y coordinates, I'm not sure how you would do that but normally they are determined in reference to the top-left corner, not the bottom.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:27 AM   #5
todizara
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo View Post
Well, if your IBAction is constructed in such a way that it accepts an (id)sender parameter, than you can typecast the sender into a UIButton and then just reference its tag property (actually inherited from UIView).

As for getting the x,y coordinates, I'm not sure how you would do that but normally they are determined in reference to the top-left corner, not the bottom.
I declared the button as
Code:
UIButton *myButton = [UIButton buttonWithType:UIButtonTypeRoundedRect];
	myButton.frame = CGRectMake(40,60, 50, 50); 
	[myButton setTitle:[NSString stringWithFormat: @"%d",value] forState:UIControlStateNormal];
	myButton.tag =6;
	[myButton addTarget:self action:@selector(buttonClicked:) forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside];
here x=40, y=50
my problem is now the other two variables.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:33 AM   #6
dejo

Quote:
I declared the button as
Code:
UIButton *myButton = [UIButton buttonWithType:UIButtonTypeRoundedRect];
	myButton.frame = CGRectMake(40,60, 50, 50); 
	[myButton setTitle:[NSString stringWithFormat: @"%d",value] forState:UIControlStateNormal];
	myButton.tag =6;
	[myButton addTarget:self action:@selector(buttonClicked:) forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside];
here x=40, y=50
my problem is now the other two variables.
Don't you mean x = 40, y = 60 ?
And if you just want the x/y coordinates of the origin of the UIButton, those too can be referenced by accessing them through the "property chain" starting with the UIButton's frame.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming