Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:22 AM   #1
bella92108
Banned

Skull, Apple Logo, Skull then loads IOS for everyone?

Under greenpoison on 4.2.1 when you reboot do you get the Skull then the Apple Logo then the Skull again during boot? Seems long.
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:38 AM   #2
hackthatphone
macrumors 68000

Everybody does I bet. It is what it is. At first I thought the logo swapping had a bug in it but p0sixninja said it was an animated logo. The animation probably slows the boot time.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3
bella92108
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackthatphone View Post
Everybody does I bet. It is what it is. At first I thought the logo swapping had a bug in it but p0sixninja said it was an animated logo. The animation probably slows the boot time.
Yeah, comparing it with the old boot time it seems about 5-10 seconds slower which is just about the time that the animated boot logo is showing for, so I'm guessing it's an additional process that could have been done without.

HOWEVER, to be free from my tethered jailbreak I've been having to live with for the past month I'd gladly watch the boot animation for 30 seconds, it's actually kinda classy, gives my phone character. Tho when taking into the apple store I wish there was a way to temporarily disable it so it's not AS obvious that I'm jailbroken hehe.
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks