Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Under greenpoison on 4.2.1 when you reboot do you get the Skull then the Apple Logo then the Skull again during boot? Seems long.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Everybody does I bet. It is what it is. At first I thought the logo swapping had a bug in it but p0sixninja said it was an animated logo. The animation probably slows the boot time.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Everybody does I bet. It is what it is. At first I thought the logo swapping had a bug in it but p0sixninja said it was an animated logo. The animation probably slows the boot time.

Yeah, comparing it with the old boot time it seems about 5-10 seconds slower which is just about the time that the animated boot logo is showing for, so I'm guessing it's an additional process that could have been done without.

HOWEVER, to be free from my tethered jailbreak I've been having to live with for the past month I'd gladly watch the boot animation for 30 seconds, it's actually kinda classy, gives my phone character. Tho when taking into the apple store I wish there was a way to temporarily disable it so it's not AS obvious that I'm jailbroken hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.