Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:16 PM   #1
parkschr
macrumors member

Chicken of the VNC help

Ok, I have Chicken of the VNC running and everything works fine. I set it up to control my dad's computer. He says he can see the mouse move around on his screen that I am controlling.

However, I can not see his mouse when he is moving it around. I know when he has clicked something, but don't actually see his mouse move.

I am new to the VNC stuff.
parkschr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:45 PM   #2
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkschr View Post
Ok, I have Chicken of the VNC running and everything works fine. I set it up to control my dad's computer. He says he can see the mouse move around on his screen that I am controlling.

However, I can not see his mouse when he is moving it around. I know when he has clicked something, but don't actually see his mouse move.

I am new to the VNC stuff.
What you describe is what I'd expect no matter what client you use. But maybe my expectation is misguided.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 05:52 PM   #3
tido2012

I seem to be having trouble with Chicken of the VNC as well. I keep getting the following error message

Connection Terminated
Unknown rectangle encoding 7864321 -> exiting

If I use jollyfastvnc I dont have any problems. I tried changing the colors to 256 and still had the same problems. I currently have my display set to 0 and I dont have view only, allow other clients.., or fullscreen display checked off. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or knew how I may be able to fix it? Thanks a lot for any help, this is just getting really frustrating since I cant seem to find anything online about this. I am trying to access it using 10.6.6 on my MBP and I'm running Veency on a 3GS 4.1 (8B117) with MAC filtering network settings. Not sure if this would help at all since jollyfastvnc seems to work.
tido2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store