Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmuletOfNight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Ok, I don't know what happened, but an iTunes sync doesn't fix this, and I've never seen anybody else with this problem:

Adam Lambert's 'For Your Entertainment' album has P!nk's album preview in the upper left corner:
10xf4at.jpg

But when you actually play a song from the album, the album artwork appears as if Timbaland's Shock Value is taking up 80% of the album artwork from the top to bottom, not only that, but the album has been reversed as if perfect image editing had taken place:
euofas.jpg

This is the actual Timbaland Shock Value album artwork:
6ggbhe.jpg

NOTICE THE REVERSE IN THE OTHER IMAGE!

What's going on? And why can't I fix this?

ascendedoshen

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
Kauai
Had same problem

Even with movie and podcast art! Update iTunes first then restore that fixed it! Complain to apple as well

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Not sure if it is just the newer versions of iTunes (10.0 +) But this seems to be happening a lot recently.

Download the newest version of iTunes and sync your iPod, usually fixes the problem, if not then take off all of the music and podcasts, then re sync it, should re assign the artwork on the iPod to the music

dtblaze

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
right click on the song and click info...go to album art and delete the misc.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Since the iTunes 10.0+ updates, I've noticed that if I sync less than 5 tracks from an album, the album art doesn't display on my Touch.....Anyone else noticed this?

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I had a similar problem, the album art would be different in cover flow than when playing the actual song.

Before that I had tried unsynching and synching the music, which fixed the problem for a day but it came back.

Restoring the iPod fixed it though, so enjoy.

-M-

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
Ok, I don't know what happened, but an iTunes sync doesn't fix this, and I've never seen anybody else with this problem:

Well... this thread at least confirms I'm not alone in one of the three issues I've been having.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?&t=1090554

FWIW, I'm using iTunes 10.1.2.17 on the main frame here, but I suspect the issues I've been seeing (possibly including this one) are related to iOS 4.x and/or the iOS versions of iTunes and the music player apps these devices use.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I get this all of the time with non-iTune songs. What happens is iTunes will go out and look for album art and it doesn't get it right all of the time. iTunes is a clanky turd the way it works. WinAmp blows it away in terms of functionality but we are stuck with iTunes so we will just have to live with it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.