Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:22 PM   #1
iamrawr
macrumors 6502

sharing files with the guest account

hello,

so in snow leopard, i know that when one logs out of the guest account all the files that they modified or created get deleted. However, i want to keep a certain file on the guest's desktop. i've tried making a shared folder through my user account, and i made sure that i checked the "allow guests to connect to shared folders." then when i log into the guest account, i can't find the folder. so is there any way to do this? or am i doing it wrong?
iamrawr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 06:13 PM   #2
BugBytes
macrumors regular

In your Users folder, there should be a folder called Shared. Put the file in there to share it with the other users on the computer. If that's what you did and it doesn't work, then it might just be that Apple has made the guest account without permission to even view files in that folder, but I doubt that is the case.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
account, file sharing, guest