Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vslo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
At the apple new macbook air 11" and 13", they show that you can open it with just one finger. At the beginning I could do that,, but after a few days, every time I try it, it lift up a little during the opening.

So, can you guys open it every time with one finger?

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the 13" and it works fine without holding the bottom.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I have the Speck clear case on mine and I can open and close it with 1 finger!

...then that finger is still available to ask the question.....'pull my finger..."??

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
Can you be more specific? Which finger? :D

What is your method for opening with one finger? Do you curl your pinky finger?

You Mactards are so funny. Such a ridiculous thread!! haha. By the way my Macbook Air 13" is on its way to me. :D

St. G

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
My hinge is slightly too stiff for it; my fiancee's does it fine. But then, my screen stays in position better than hers (though hers isn't TOO loose, just looser than mine) so...

And yes, Jason. Macintards are hilarious. And this joint is full of them.

Go find the thread where the guy was complaining that the computer with no moving parts didn't have a sudden drop sensor. That was a good one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.