Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Baughman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
I have a UITableView that on didSelectRowAtIndexPath pushes another UITableView to do a search...

Code:
    LocationSearchViewController *locationSearchViewController = [[LocationSearchViewController alloc] initWithNibName:@"LocationSearchViewController"  bundle:nil];
    locationSearchViewController.delegate = self;       
    UITableViewCell *cell = [myTableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:indexPath];
    locationSearchViewController.defaultLocation = cell.detailTextLabel.text;

[[self navigationController]  pushViewController:locationSearchViewController animated:YES];
    [locationSearchViewController release];

The search view contains a UISearchBar with it's cancel button enabled. If the user taps the cancel button the app crashes with an objc_exception_throw. The console displays...

2011-02-06 22:05:43.960 JetLogger[2381:207] * Assertion failure in -[UISearchDisplayController setActive:animated:], /SourceCache/UIKit_Sim/UIKit-1447.6.4/UISearchDisplayController.m:589

If, however, the user taps an item in the table view (search results) I am closing the search view and there is no crash. I can't see why the difference as I am popping the search view with the same code...

In the LocationSearchViewController...

Code:
- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {
   if ([self.delegate respondsToSelector:@selector(locationSearchViewDidDismiss:withLocation:)]) {
    [self.delegate locationSearchViewDidDismiss:self withLocation:[tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:indexPath].textLabel.text];
   }
}
- (void)searchBarCancelButtonClicked:(UISearchBar *)searchBar{
   if ([self.delegate respondsToSelector:@selector(locationSearchViewDidDismiss:withLocation:)]) {
     [self.delegate locationSearchViewDidDismiss:self withLocation:@"No results found"];
   }
}

In the delegate...

Code:
- (void)locationSearchViewDidDismiss:(LocationSearchViewController *)controller withLocation:(NSString*)location{   
   if((location != @"") && (location != @"No results found")){
    //update the table data
    [myTableView reloadData];
   }
   [self.navigationController popViewControllerAnimated:YES];
}

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.