Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX

http://amexnetwork.com/iTunes

Terms & conditions:

To be eligible to receive the statement credit, you must register any valid U.S. American Express® Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN at amexnetwork.com/iTunes and use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Limit one statement credit per registered Card regardless of the number of transactions made. If your registered Card is replaced, you must re-enroll the replacement Card prior to making the iTunes purchase to get the statement credit. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
You serious? You post this, and send people to a site where you're immediately asked to enter a name and card #? lol...wow...

nOw2

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I thought this was obvious phishing at first, however:

amexnetwork.com is registered to American Express.
It is showing a valid extended SSL certificate.
You can browse the amexnetwork.com from the offers link within AmericanExpress.com.

However I can't then find the iTunes offer within the site. The gut feeling is, naturally, to stay well away

ATLJacket

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
I noticed the valid purchase period doesn't begin until 2/10/11 so perhaps it will be linked from americanexpress.com and amexnetwork.com once the promotion goes live?

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
You serious? You post this, and send people to a site where you're immediately asked to enter a name and card #? lol...wow...

I can understand you being leery, however it is legit. It is an offer by American Express that has been checked out.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
AmEx does these kinds of promotions all the time--you should be able to find the offer if you log into your account. I just logged into my account and there it was--5 free songs. No link needed to be posted here since you need an account to get the offer anyway. :)

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Got this directly from Amex, definitely not phishing. He/she was just trying to pass it along.

I signed up, but I have $60+ credit and can't use my Amex for anything until I use that. FML.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.