Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottrichardson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Ulladulla, NSW Australia
Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help a fella out here.

Up until maybe a month ago, I had never, ever had any problems with iChat (with mobile me account) or MSN for that matter.

But for the past 4 - 6 weeks, I have been getting constant disconnects in iChat. In MSN, I have been getting other errors, such as my messages not getting through, or only some messages making it through to me.

I have no firewall active on either my router or my mac. iChat has SSL and Port 443 active, and I have port forwarding on my router.

If any one could help with iChat that would be greatly appreciated. MSN issues aren't really Mobile Me related, but I'd love some suggestions!

Many thanks in advance.

Scott

nivekr11

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
what account type are you using? Jabber, AIM, iChat (which uses AOL servers)?? - I now see you are using MobileMe..

Is your server login.oscar.aol.com? Have you tried without SSL on port 5190? If you see the issue only happening with SSL enabled, go to your MobileMe account settings online and go to security certificates. revoke the Mobile Me iChat certificate and then recreate the account in iChat. That will generate a new certificate under the mobileme account setting page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.