Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitsunesfire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Just ordered my 13"MBA over the weekend, and ordered WrapSol for it to keep it scratch free. I've searched through the forums already and have read just about every single post in here about MBA cases and sleeves, but I am still torn. Since I'll have WrapSol to protect it from scratches, do I need another case? From what I've read, even though neoprene cases like the InCase and similar give the appearance of supreme protection, all they really protect from are scratches. Is this true? I'm really nervous about the idea of putting my brand new baby in anything without a case, but I'm also a college kid on a college kid budget and don't want to spend $60 for something that won't really protect my computer any more than it already is. Thoughts?

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Just ordered my 13"MBA over the weekend, and ordered WrapSol for it to keep it scratch free. I've searched through the forums already and have read just about every single post in here about MBA cases and sleeves, but I am still torn. Since I'll have WrapSol to protect it from scratches, do I need another case? From what I've read, even though neoprene cases like the InCase and similar give the appearance of supreme protection, all they really protect from are scratches. Is this true? I'm really nervous about the idea of putting my brand new baby in anything without a case, but I'm also a college kid on a college kid budget and don't want to spend $60 for something that won't really protect my computer any more than it already is. Thoughts?

Get a waterfield sleevecase. They give a perfect fit, superior protection, and they're also very customizable and stylish!

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
You'll likely get a whole gamut of opinions, but I use Wrapsol, and don't feel like I need anything else - I just throw the Air in my bag and go.

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I use a combination of the Wrapsol, and the Hard Candy Bubble sleeve.

The wrapsol is nice, but it isn't going to protect it from a good hit or the corner of a textbook.

With this combo I find I can throw it in the bag and not worry about it.

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
Just orded a wrapsol for my MBA 11". I like that it's not glossy or grippy. I want it for scratch protection more than anything.

For those interested in buying one, I poked around their website and dug up a 35% off promo code. It is listed on their twitter feed. Type in "tweetwrapsol" (without the quotes) as you check out. You won't qualify for free shipping anymore, but you will still save some money.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
I had a Wrapsol for my iPhone 4 for about 3 months. After about 2 months, the skin literally started moving around on my phone and once the skin made it to the edge, dust got under and the skin was a goner (peeled off slowly over the course of a couple days). Just something to keep in mind. Now, it definitely lasted longer than Invisible shield which I've also tried. Also, Wrapsol is incredibly good about their lifetime warranty. I just took a picture of my removed skin, and they sent me a brand new set.

Personally, after having two somewhat poor experiences with skins, I've decided not to use them anymore. It's just too irritating and not worth the hassle. I much prefer a simple slip case to store the machine in while not in use.

Cheplampardfan

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2010
Los angeles
I just bought a wrapsol from eBay for my air 13.. Got for 35 bucks including shipping.. I hope that it's easy to install... I struggled a lot trying to intall films on my iPhone .. Those damn air bubbles

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.