Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:28 AM   #1
dellavoce
macrumors regular

AppleTV 2--stream from the internet?

Okay, I made the big leap and cancelled my cable. It was just offensively expensive. In the living room, I have my computer (a mac mini) connected to my tv, so I can stream my favorite shows from the internet through my tv. I also picked up a Netflix subscription and I'll likely pick up a season pass or two from itunes. Now, the main problem is my tv in the bedroom. It is not an HD tv, just a tube tv about 6 years old. I'd like to be able to watch some stuff in the bedroom though. I know that if I get an AppleTV, I can watch movies from my itunes library and from my netflix queue on it, but I have two questions: first, will it connect via rca cables or coax? Second, is there a way to stream video from the internet with it? For example, could it be jailbroken like an ipod?
dellavoce is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater