Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 9, 2011, 08:51 AM   #1
ckurt25
macrumors 6502a

iCal vs MobileMe

So I started off with a Macbook and MobileMe and have since added an iMac. When I go into iCal on the iMac I have my MobileMe / me.com calendar with all my personal calendar info and there really isn't anything stored as far as calendar events on the iMac. Can I change that? It's a long story, but my work blocks access to me.com so I can't subscribe to my personal calendar from work and when I try to export from the iMac, there isn't anything stored there to export. I supose I could export from the Macbook but I don't know if I need a Macbook, iMac, iPad & iPhone so I may sell the Macbook. Should I start with exporting from the Macbook and importing to the iMac? Sorry if these are noob questions.

Thanks!
Chris
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:06 AM   #2
ckurt25
macrumors 6502a

Hmmm. There must just be something screwy going on with my Windows PC (go figure). If I export from iCal and reimport then everthing then shows up ans being on the iMac. Then when I try and export again and import on the POS Windows laptop, nothing is there....WTF?!?! I guess I'll just have to live with things the way they are.

- - - -

Ok, figured it out. If I take the exported file on the iMac, compress it, email it to my windows machine then decompress it and open the attachement, it works. What a pain in the butt. At least I have both my personal and work calendars on my work laptop now. Sharing my work calendar and subscribing to it on my Apple devices has never been a problem.

Last edited by ckurt25; Feb 9, 2011 at 09:14 AM.
ckurt25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X