Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Macatak60
macrumors member

help w/ setup? MBA w/ MBP or keep mini w/ MBP?

I have a 2010 mac mini right now with a 2009 macbook pro 13" I have the mini in the living room using as a HTPC but I can't get clear picture on my 50" DLP. I have a 2nd generation apple TV in bedroom. I also have a first generation apple tv not being used. Here is where i'm having trouble deciding. I have all my music and movies on a 1tb external hard drive. I use the mini as a server to watch movies in bedroom or in living room. I use MBP to surf(i should say my wife does) I use an Ipad to surf the web with.
My question is should i sell Mini and get 13" MBA and incorporate ATV1 as media server in living room. Is there a way to get ATV1 and ATV2 to communicate and share an external hard drive? Should I look at getting a western digital live tv w/ 1tb harddrive Cld the atv2 see this if on the same network?
Any and all suggestions would be helpful. I'm posting this is MBA, MINI, ATV forums.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater