Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swerner13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
So i jumped on ebay yesterday and won an iphone 4 for verizon. I didnt have an upgrade available. I have been reading that the seller should have activated and then de-activated the phone before sending it to clear the esn in. He didnt...

Any advice on how to proceed? Should i somehow activate the phone to hus number when i receive it? Please help!

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
The only way to remove it, and put it on your account, is for the Seller to do it. He needs to call up Verizon, and have them remove the ESN on the account and switch it to another phone, or a dummy ESN. You can't remove it, unfortunately, because it has to be done by Verizon directly and they wont do it w/o the AH's permission, or online via my verizon.

Otherwise you won't be able to activate it.

Once he does that you need to go to http://www.verizonwireless.com, login to your account, go to the change phone option, and put the MEID of the phone into the box and save it.

If you have an issue w/ that you can do it on the phone, too.

Then plug into iTunes and you should be set.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
refuse delivery, file with paypal.

when he fixes it and sends it back, dismiss the paypal claim.

Swerner13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
I have already talked to the guy. It seems like an honest mistake and it's in his best interest to help me fix it because if I activate it without it first being activated for his number then I believe his terms are violated and he can get charged full retail price. I am thinking I will follow the same steps others are following to switch the phone from one account to another... just from clear across the country... I would rather do this than wait the extra week and half to ship it to him only to have it shipped back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.