Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

091350-jobs_forbes_400_2010.jpg

The Wall Street Journal reports that despite his medical leave of absence, Steve Jobs remained involved in Apple's strategic decision making and product development. Jobs is reportedly taking business meetings at home and on the phone. Jobs has even been recently spotted at Apple's campus.

According to the newspaper, Jobs remains involved specifically in the next iPad and iPhone products:
Among products he is continuing to work on are the next version of the iPad tablet computer, expected out in the next couple of months, and a new iPhone, expected to be released this summer, said two of these people.
Apple announced in January that Steve Jobs would be taking a medical leave of absence, leaving Tim Cook in charge of Apple's day to day operations. Jobs remains as CEO and said he would be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Remains Involved in Next iPad and iPhone Revisions

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
It's funny this came out in a Murdoch newspaper after Apple's stock's four minute $10 billion crash related to the health rumor. I guess putting it in The Daily would have been too obvious. I'm not saying it's not true, but it sounds like information Apple released press release style, and the WSJ published it as straight news.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping Tim cook would get drunk and let Adobe flash slide in, but with Steve... that hope is lost.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Hardly a surprise. The first iPad was Jobs' baby that he personally raised for many years before it's release. I'd hardly think he'd given up on parenthood after the first one.

Kranchammer

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
Kahleefornya
It's funny this came out in a Murdoch newspaper after Apple's stock's four minute $10 billion crash related to the health rumor. I guess putting it in The Daily would have been too obvious. I'm not saying it's not true, but it sounds like information Apple released press release style, and the WSJ published it as straight news.

Yeah, it's not as if the WSJ is geared towards financial reporting that lets investors make intelligent decisions.

Must EVERYTHING be a conspiracy? yeesh.:rolleyes:

maclaw21

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
What do we know about the iphone5? I feel like there's not a whole lot out there that's known about the iphone5.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Great news. I wonder if he uses FaceTime and or iChat video calling for his at home meetings..

rckstwrz

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Anyone see AAPL's stock dive today?

This is totally a planted leak. Apple has leaked things to the Journal in the past, and this is just one more to add to the list. It's an attempt to recover from today's little dip.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

wintercs said:
What do we know about the iphone5? I feel like there's not a whole lot out there that's known about the iphone5.

Not a whole lot just yet.. I'm thinking dualcore processing for the new iOS 5

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Oh hail steve

A even sick the man is never far away, haha, you know the next two ipad will set the world on fire. :rolleyes:

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Could care less. I don't need his face plastered everywhere to buy an Apple product.

Well said, I can't see Apple even without Steve not coming out with great products for a long time. There is this idea that Apple will just go down the tube if Steve is not around, I doubt that will happen. :eek:

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Steve now works from the 'cloud'.

Maybe he's doing extensive usability testing on next-generation MobileMe features. Only way to do that is away from Infinite Loop!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.