Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenHuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
SK, Canada
I am just wondering how to remove space between full size window and dock while positioning the dock on the right or left. I could clearly see my wallpaper from the gap.......:confused::confused::confused:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Native Mac OS X doesn't support full-screen windows, like Windows does. There are dozens of threads on this.

Any way to make a window full-screen?
How do I maximize a browser window
Maximize Window
How to *really* Maximize windows in OS X. ;)
It doesn't have to be full screen to affect the window, it just has to be on the side of the screen. Restart the app and it's moved a few pixels. That is supremely annoying and one reason my dock is now on the left side of my screen and not on the bottom.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm confused. I don't see what gap you're talking about.

Dock on left:
ScreenCap 9.PNG
Dock on right:
ScreenCap 10.PNG
Dock on bottom:
ScreenCap 11.PNG

StephenHuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
SK, Canada
I'm confused. I don't see what gap you're talking about.

Dock on left:
Dock on right:
Dock on bottom:

the space between the edge of the full window and the edge of the screen that the Dock is located on when i am using dock auto-hiding function. it is not a big gap but annoying :mad:

pay attention to my picture right hand side see the gap? I can not even drap the window to cover the gap:confused::confused:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 6.31.58 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 6.31.58 AM.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 631

solz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
i've never actually ran any of my macs in full screen, because I like how well everything fits when not maximized. But i do think its funny that your worried about a 2pixel line on the right side thats not covered. :)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
why do people need to see acres of nothing?

I know that google screen shot is just an example but look how much space you are wasting by going full screen.

OSX maximise screen only 'maximises' to the size you need.

Full screen is a pet hate of mine (im slightly worried about 10.7).

StephenHuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
SK, Canada
i've never actually ran any of my macs in full screen, because I like how well everything fits when not maximized. But i do think its funny that your worried about a 2pixel line on the right side thats not covered. :)

I always want to be perfect:D

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
pay attention to my picture right hand side see the gap? I can not even drap the window to cover the gap:confused::confused:
That's strange. I'm able to stretch mine past the edge of the screen, drag the window to the left, then stretch it even farther to the right. No gap at all.

I'm sure with a few years of counseling, group therapy and heavy medication, you'll get over it! :D

McLarenF1Fan

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009

I know that google screen shot is just an example but look how much space you are wasting by going full screen.

That only assumes that the content on the window is static. If you go from Google to some another content heavy page, you will need to "maximise" again, and again when you go to another site. It would be fine if OS X knew that you changed site and resized the browser to accomodate the content, but having to do it everytime is not the answer.

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
Is there really no way around this on Mac?

This is much more annoying if you hide your dock but still want it on the left/right sides.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009

I second this thought.

Beyondthought

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
Not sure if anyone still has this problem, but..

I believe it has something to do with the display perimeters. I had this problem twice and each time it fixed itself (as if by magic!). This time I realised it was from when I switched in between Airplay mode. People can try the same, or just perhaps play around with the display resolution and hope for the best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.