Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:35 AM   #1
patp

turn off sms/text tones when sending and receiving?

when sending or receiving a text/sms there is a whoosing tone. i went into settings, sounds, text tones and selected none. still getting these tones. is it impossible to turn off?
patp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:13 AM   #2
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
when sending or receiving a text/sms there is a whoosing tone. i went into settings, sounds, text tones and selected none. still getting these tones. is it impossible to turn off?
Set it in silent/vibrate mode with the switch. The setting>sounds> setting is for incoming only. There doesn't seem to be any way to change or turn off the "whoosh", other than placing it in silent.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:42 AM   #3
patp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMB View Post
Set it in silent/vibrate mode with the switch. The setting>sounds> setting is for incoming only. There doesn't seem to be any way to change or turn off the "whoosh", other than placing it in silent.
that's what I thought. Thanks for the info.
patp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting