Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1
bopat
macrumors newbie

streaming live video from mac to atv2

Hi all,

I watch a lot of live sports online via live streams on Safari. I was wondering if there is a way to play live (flash/silverlight) streams from Safari on my atv2 (after jailbreaking of course). I have looked into atvflash by firecore, and while they have Safari on there, they can only stream html 5 videos (i.e. no flash).

With the cricket world cup around the corner (yes, I said cricket), I'd love to be able to stream live video onto my tv via apple tv. I would be thrilled to know if there is a way to manage this.

If all else fails, I guess I'll end up going the old fashion way and plug my black mac to the tv directly using a hdmi cable (+ audio out).

Cheers,
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:50 PM   #2
WesCole
macrumors 6502a

Not that I know of...AirPlay would have to be enabled in your browser (and possibly the website that is streaming) in order for that to work. Hopefully, it will happen someday, but I haven't seen it yet.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 02:18 PM   #3
powerman
macrumors regular

ios4.3 should do this but not flash based video. I would be sending emails to the web pages to ask them to update there players to enable airplay when they can. I have been doing this for TSN in Canada, as well as some of the other major networks.
powerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater