Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:29 AM   #1
cheeryble
macrumors regular

Can I transfer my Vuze files to iPad?

Can I transfer my Vuze and Miro video files from my MacBook to my iPad?

Thanx!
cheeryble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Video files need to be in mp4 format in order to be transferred to iPad. Use a transcoding program like Handbrake to transcode to iPad compatible mp4. Some mo4 files don't play on the iPad because of formatting incompatibilities like resolution is too big or framerate is too fast. Those can be fixed by dragging the mp4 into iTunes, right-clicking and picking "create iPad compatible version." In any case, all mp4 files need to be dragged into iTunes and synced to the iPad from there.

Or you could just get AirVideo, and stream any video format from your computer to your iPad.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:56 AM   #3
mtvalenz
macrumors newbie

Vuze files

Vuze will convert the files to iPad format. Look on the left side of the vuze screen and look for something that says "device playback". Just drag files over and it will convert by itself, after selecting ipad.
mtvalenz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:16 PM   #4
cheeryble
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtvalenz View Post
Vuze will convert the files to iPad format. Look on the left side of the vuze screen and look for something that says "device playback". Just drag files over and it will convert by itself, after selecting ipad.
Thank you kindly
I'm just trying that
Presumably after conversion it will sync on the next sync session?
cheeryble is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting