Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I'm fairly new to the whole avi files> ATV conversion..

I noticed on some of the conversions for Iskysoft the audio would lang for a second or two..

Does this every happen to anyone else

Is there something I can do to make this not happen?

Just wondering....

Also bought an ATV2 today and looking to JB it...Was wondering if there was any good tutorials on this website to help me.

Thanks a ton.

ed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
What am i missing..

No one ever post in my threads :(

can anyone see me?

Am i here?

what am i doing wrong?

new handle?
bad breath?
no manners?

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
LOL.....ohhhhh your here.

Sometimes takes time to get a response. Anyway. I played with iskysoft some time back so my knowledge is a bit limited/dated, but the sync issue you mention I've also experienced.

Firstly, with all respect to the iskysoft programmers, stop using it. It's slow and I found not the best.

HandBrake has really become the yard stick for all other software and even more so as it's free. The community of developers of it have done an amazing job and continue to do so.

As for the sync, when you do the ripping, try ensuring your machine isn't busy do something else at the same time. I found this to be an early issue with me.
Rip also using a different program. HB or if you don't like it's interface, dload a program called ReduxEncoder, also free, and also a pretty good interface and simple to use program. Just test a few out to find what works for you.

Also........change deodorant! ;)

Ps: do a search in the forum for 'jail break'...there's quite a few who discuss it.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Thanks omne666 for the response!

I just put on some Deo thanks!!! lol

It seems that the Isky is bunk...Looks like I will join you all and get on the very large Handbrake train to Conversionville!!!!!!!!!

Great program and love how it is free.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of why to JB the apple tv..

What great apps can you pick up? free hulu netflex?

There seems to be a few diffrent programs to JB the ATV2 as I have been researching on the threads...

Redsnow
Pwnagetool
Xbmc

Whats the best? why
I really don't want to cloud up this nice little forum with another pointless thread, cause I suck @ searching threads properly....

:)

happy sunday folks

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Can't help you with the JB side of things.

Tried it with the atv1 years ago with atvflash, and it was good, but every time apple update the software of the atv you need to reJB it.

Now I just go with the stock apple offering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.