Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jp70

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Have you tried....giving a little more details?

Just from your one line description that's the same response I had. Update your apps.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
obviously this is for cracked apps
get metadata remover or just buy your apps.

Uh, get a clue. Sometimes people don't want to update because it negatively affects program functionality.

OP, you can entirely remove any reference of an update easily:

SSH/iFile to your Application folder and delete iTunesMetadata.plist.

All references to updating the app in question will be gone (the entire badge and number). It also doesn't effect the phone globally like the badge remover does.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Uh, get a clue. Sometimes people don't want to update because it negatively affects program functionality.

OP, you can entirely remove any reference of an update easily:

SSH/iFile to your Application folder and delete iTunesMetadata.plist.

All references to updating the app in question will be gone (the entire badge and number). It also doesn't effect the phone globally like the badge remover does.

thanks for your help, but once i go into the applications folder under /stash. i dont see that file...am i missing something?

thanks again.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
thanks for your help, but once i go into the applications folder under /stash. i dont see that file...am i missing something?

thanks again.

The iTunes applications you're looking for are actually stored under /var/mobile/Applications

In that folder, you will see a bunch of weird folder names that give no clue as to what the application really is. Looking inside of the folder will reveal what application it really is. Anyways, find the folder you want and remove the plist file. Load up the App Store and the update will be removed!

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
The iTunes applications you're looking for are actually stored under /var/mobile/Applications

In that folder, you will see a bunch of weird folder names that give no clue as to what the application really is. Looking inside of the folder will reveal what application it really is. Anyways, find the folder you want and remove the plist file. Load up the App Store and the update will be removed!

perfect. thanks

IMADV8

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
I'd say it was warranted, considering the snarky, unhelpful post to which he was responding.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010

You know there's a Cydia app called "AppLinks" that will create symbolic links to those folders with the correct app name.

http://www.installerapps.com/2009/03/23/applinks/

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Thank you! I have been wondering about this myself. There have been updates that i didnt want to do becuase the app was acting fine to me.
Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.