Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Feb 13, 2011, 04:25 PM   #1
mach1qc
macrumors newbie

Photovu digital frame unable restart

I had a Photovu digital frame which was working properly until recently.
Actually after I deleted the daily start and stop schedule, it would not restart.
I see for 1 sec or 2 "no input signal".
Company ran out of business and w'ere left with a 1600$ frame and no assistance.
Hints anyone?
thanks
Bertrand
mach1qc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:45 AM   #2
gurfc
macrumors newbie

same no input message

have the same message...
any thoughts?
gurfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:42 PM   #3
auduspring12
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to auduspring12
So True

Yah those frames were kinda test guinea pigs and they turned out out to be extremely unsatisfying... My advice would be selling it on eBay or craiglist to someone who wants to use the mother board. However, if you want a quality digital Kodak would e the perfect choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11111111111111.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	299456  
auduspring12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:53 PM   #4
cjones-cu
macrumors newbie

Photo vu repair?

Amazingly, nobody has really stepped in to replace PhotoVu's capability (reading reviews of frames not quite as large as what PhotoVu was selling is depressing; one said the technology isn't there, though in fact it has been there since at least 2004, when we bought our frame). I hear that some AV companies are fixing these frames, though I suspect this might be limited to the LCD or power supplies. One is Tele-Vue in Denver but might be worth asking around. (At least the documentation for photovu is still on their old website).
cjones-cu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2014, 05:44 PM   #5
red kiosk
macrumors member

My 2004 PhotoVu PV1910 is still running strong. Ever since OSX 10.7, (and PhotoVu's ceasing of operations in 2010) the software integration with iPhoto doesn't work anymore, so I just put all 15,000+ photos on a 128GB flash drive and use that. It's a bit more time consuming adding more photos to the list, but I'm not complaining. If you're networked, you can still access the ADMIN program to change the frames operational options. Can't beat a 19" IPS LCD with a 178 viewing angle for a digital frame hanging on the wall.

Picked up a freebie DOA 2006 PhotoVu PV1960 last week for parts. Turned out the AC power adapter brick for the LCD was bad, which in turn cooked a few capacitors on the video board. $12 for a new power brick, $8 for 10 new capacitors w/shipping, plus a hour soldering and I have another working frame destined for the bedroom wall.
red kiosk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:58 PM   #6
nhw3w
macrumors newbie

Tele-Vue is OOB.

Red Kiosk---you seem pretty handy...any chance I could pay you to repair my frame?

Norbert :+>
nhw3w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 07:37 PM   #7
red kiosk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhw3w View Post
Red Kiosk---you seem pretty handy...any chance I could pay you to repair my frame?

Norbert :+>
Hi Norbert,

I sent you an email thru the forum, but really can't tell if it was actually sent. If you have not received it, let me know on this thread and I will try to resend it with hopes that you actually receive it. Take care!

Jim
red kiosk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2014, 02:49 PM   #8
Phyllis001
macrumors newbie

PhotoVu

Hi Red Kiosk,

I'm also looking for someone to repair a PhotoVu frame. Would you be interested?

Phyllis
Phyllis001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography