Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I myself is gearing towards:

1)m515 (wireless mouse)
2)bag which can handle mbp 15 inch and ipad 2 comfortably but not too fat
3)2 extra adapter(1 to leave at work and 1 in my car and one in my bedroom)
4)some sort of palm guards( I do abuse laptop for about 13 to 15 hours a day )

considering:
1)screen protector
2)case

Never too early to start preparing for your new mbp so that they can be at 100% as soon as you open them up. :)

komseban

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2010
I already have a soft case, moshi palmguard and keyboard cover.

I am thinking of investing in a screen protector since everyone LOVES getting their oily fingers on the screen. ;o;. Not to mention a hard case, I don't even want to think of risking a dent in my 13".

xdbuix

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Virginia
I already got a brand new still in box $20 Logitech MX anywhere mouse, the mouse that works on any surface include glass

and looking to buy the vertical brain cell.

:cool::cool:

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
The lid itself is the best screen protector. Why do you want to ruin the screen by a cheap plastic film?

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
I didn't buy anything other than a neoprene sleeve.

I am rather careful with my valuables though.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
The lid itself is the best screen protector. Why do you want to ruin the screen by a cheap plastic film?

Was hoping there were some clear screen protector as my MB is ruined w/ stuff that won't come off..

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I myself is gearing towards:

1)m515 (wireless mouse)
2)bag which can handle mbp 15 inch and ipad 2 comfortably but not too fat
3)2 extra adapter(1 to leave at work and 1 in my car and one in my bedroom)
4)some sort of palm guards( I do abuse laptop for about 13 to 15 hours a day )

considering:
1)screen protector
2)case

Never too early to start preparing for your new mbp so that they can be at 100% as soon as you open them up. :)
Its a laptop not an iPhone...screen protectors are meh at best unless its antiglare of course. As for a wireless mouse. Idk for some reason the apple magic mouse is really attractive for me but I've always stuck with the regular laptop mouse pad.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
IMO ... you should hold off on anything until you get your MBP ... you may decide you do not need or want any of that stuff :cool:

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
Burlington, Canada
I would not buy a plastic case or screen protector. Buy a neoprene case for those times when you have to transport it. A screen protector on a laptop looks pretty ugly IMO. The lid is good enough protection for the screen.

ktang

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2010
I was wondering do you guys have pictures of these accessories on your MBP, I'm curious as to how they would look. After reading through this thread I went to look at the post your setup thread, and it seems like everyone has their MBP naked, that or I can distinguish difference. If you guys can post some close up of a before and after picture that would be great.

I'm planning on purchasing my first MBP sometime in summer when OS X Lion gets released so I wouldn't have to pay to upgrade the OS a couple of months down the road. Also like every year Apple offers the free iPod with a purchase of a computer, so I'm waiting for this also.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
I just have a Bluetooth Mouse and a spare power cable.

Looks like a perfect set of accessories to me. Maybe add a bag of some kind if you don't already have one and will travel with the computer (if it's a stay at home Mac then forget it)

I would avoid a USB mouse (wireless or not) and stick with Bluetooth. You only get 2 (or 3) USB ports. I don't think Apple will give us more.

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
25" 1080 external monitor
magic mouse
2.0 powered kensington USB switch
(when I'm ready to upgrade, looking at a 25 port powered USB hub).
AppleCare

For traveling, hotel rooms, starbucks, etc
extra magsafe
belkin mini surge supressor, has 3 outlets and powered usb.
silicone keyboard skin
mini display port vgi adapter
mini display port hdmi adapter
25' hdmi cable (most hotel rooms have flat screens, works great as an external monitor).
4 port usb squid adapter
2 or more iPhone/iPad sync cable. I guarantee you'll end up losing one.

Kensington security cable

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
I already got a brand new still in box $20 Logitech MX anywhere mouse, the mouse that works on any surface include glass

and looking to buy the vertical brain cell.

:cool::cool:

This mouse really is fantastic. It loves to go through batteries though.

I just bought the 1TB Time Capsule for my MBP.

makinao

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2009
What I have for my macbook white pre-unibody:
- sleeve: so you can throw it in any bag and not worry about scratches
- bag: nothing outrageously expensive. Just something nice, functional, and unassuming. Actually, the less attention it attracts (meaning the less it looks like a stereotype "laptop bag/case/backpack), the better for my safety.
- vga adaptor: I'm a teacher, and make presentations every day.
- keyboard "condom": Not really necessary. But I had one with my old iBook, and got used to the feel. Now I can't work without it.
- extra ac adaptor for home: so I can leave one in my bag permanently and not keep forgetting it at home
- wired mouse: just for occasional home use, super cheap. But come to think of it, with a trackpad as great as an MPB's, who needs a mouse?
- microfiber cloth: indispensable for cleaning screen. Never needed a screen protector because of it.
- 1TB external desktop HD: for time machine.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
Silicone Keyboard Cover
Hard Outer Shell Cover
Palm Rests
MacBook Pro 15" Sleeve
Mini DVI to HDMI Cable
Some of those awesome Beats audio headphones
(I don't know if this really counts, but) iPod Classic 160GB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.