Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Is this easy to do. I'm about to switch over to Verizon after selling my ATT Iphone 4. I plan to pick up the Verizon Iphone 4. I'm switching due to coverage issues up in Vermont where I spend a lot of time. The areas I frequent have great Verizon service but no ATT service. Now that I will be on Verizon, I may also pick up an android device. I know it is not as easy as switching sim cards on a GSM phone. Are there any people who have been switching back and forth between the iphone and an android device? How do you accomplish this on Verizon? Thanks for any feedback.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
You just have to call them and give them the ESN of the phone. After a few minutes the service will switch.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
unless they changed something in the last 6 months its really easy.. all you do is dial *228 from the phone you wish to activate then listen to the options (i forget which one it is) the biggest difference between doing this and switching a sim is your contacts aren't being transferred so you have to manage them on each phone (or sync them with something on your computer) but aside from that it's easy as cake :)

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Will the iphone unlimited data plan be the same plan the android phone will use?

Yes, the $29.99 Verizon data plan is just a general smartphone plan, it's not like AT&T where each data plan is specific to the maker of the phone. (I.E. Data Plan for iPhone, Data Plan for Blackberry). On Verizon it is simply Unlimited Smartphone Data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.