Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NanoMeko

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Any good wireless speakers that I can use for both my macbook pro and iphone wirelessly?

I don't have an airport router but a regular router. I heard bluetooth spakers have pretty bad quality sound but maybe they got better.

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
Not sure how you want this to be setup, but if it's for home use then I'd suggest picking up an Airport Express and setting up iTunes to play to the speakers. I had that setup for a couple years and it never failed me. Now I don't even bother since my MBP has acceptable (to me) quality sound/volume from the built in speakers.

I know the iPhone can't stream to them, but if your library is already on your computer I don't think it should be a problem.

If you're looking for a slightly more portable setup, CNET has a fairly decent guide to getting things connected. I have a friend with a Blueant speaker in his garage that he streams to from his PC and it sounds pretty good. But for his setup I think the Airport Express and a simple pair of speakers would be less expensive and easier to manage.

chapmac

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
UK
+1 for investing in an airport express. Its not that expensive and then you can use any set of powered speakers you care to. This will also enable you to stream wirelessly from your iphone using the new airplay functionality in IOS4.2.
You can stream from itunes to the airport express but if you buy airfoil (http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/) you will be able to wirelessly stream audio from any source on your mac to the speakers.
I love airfoil - it works flawlessly and means that I can stream spotify straight out to my speakers (not to mention any internet based audio, VLC, DVD player etc etc). Well worth the $25 cost IMO.

D.

EdwardAves

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Only with itunes?

If i set up a speaker system with airport express would that only work with itunes? Or if i was wachingnsomething on bbc iplayer would that still go through the speakers?

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
Any good wireless speakers that I can use for both my macbook pro and iphone wirelessly?

I don't have an airport router but a regular router. I heard bluetooth spakers have pretty bad quality sound but maybe they got better.

Moshi base burger.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
If i set up a speaker system with airport express would that only work with itunes? Or if i was wachingnsomething on bbc iplayer would that still go through the speakers?

You select what speakers to send the laptop sound to globally, so yes it will work for any application.

One problem I have with my Airplay setup is audio sync. When I play a video on my MBPr, the sound is behind the video enough that it is noticeable. Does anyone have the same problem?

Monster Sana

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013

Hi,

Maybe you can try a bluetooth speaker

As your iphone has bluetooth function, it can connect with Indierocker directly.
While for your macbook, if it has no built_in bluetooth, you can get a bluetooth dongle or adapter first.

GALENOS

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2013
The speakers I use and love

I got my HiFi speakers <- here a while back and I LOVE them. I can sync different devices on and off them very easily all at one time, switch between my laptop, or phone devices very easily with just pretty much the touch of a button. (its an app you install on your devices) which sounds like exactly what your needing?? . Also I can them around very easily to make the surround different depending on what I'm doing or if i wanna just switch rooms. They blow me away using my blu ray player as well. For me its been a really great addition to the house overall. SO yeah these are the Speakers I recommend . I love my speakers, wouldn't trade them!!

Hope this helps!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.