Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:56 AM   #1
djemyoudjel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to djemyoudjel
Iphone 4 - Microphone and earpiece are not working with phone calls

Hello all,

I have a factory unlocked Iphone 4. I purchased it in Cyprus, turned out it was defected and I was moving to USA so I took it to Apple store in San Francisco and it has been replaced and activated like an unlocked phone at the store and I have been given a document as a proof.

After school, when I got back to Cyprus, I noticed that the phone allows me to make the call however i cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me.

However when i make a call with skype, the microphone and earpiece both work. When I record a movie, everything is just great. It's just I can't use my iphone as a phone

It's not about the headphoney thing, I tried it. I can't even talk on the phone with the headphones, they don't hear me. Thought as if it was some sort of a software glitch, restarted, restored, I did everything but the iphone4 is nothing more than an ipod touch right now.

The company in here whom I purchased my phone regrets changing and even taking care of it, saying it's not the phone they have sold. They don't accept it and I won't fly back to USA anytime soon. Do you guys know if I can take it to UK and the warranty would be valid, within the first twelve months of purchase and with the document I have been given in SF?

And did any of you come up with anything like this? Any ideas how to solve this matter? Any other suggestions than taking it to an Apple store?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.
Thanks

Last edited by djemyoudjel; Feb 15, 2011 at 04:03 PM.
djemyoudjel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:47 PM   #2
A Cellular Edge
macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. I replace both the mic and the ear speaker and it did not fix the issue. I even updated it to the latest firmware.
A Cellular Edge is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
defected, earpiece, iphone4, microphone, phone call