Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Vercingetorix
macrumors regular

ATV2: Netflix "Recently Watched" submenu gone?

It was here. It's gone. I have everything else -- Movie Genres, TV Genres, New Arrivals, Instant Queue, Search, and Logout -- but Recently Watched seems to have just vanished overnight. Anybody else?
Vercingetorix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Stecchino
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
It was here. It's gone. I have everything else -- Movie Genres, TV Genres, New Arrivals, Instant Queue, Search, and Logout -- but Recently Watched seems to have just vanished overnight. Anybody else?
Same problem here. Googled the same question and found your post. I use "recently watched" submenu every day while watching TV seasons.

Poof. Gone. I guess the menu is not part of the software but rather pulls from the web live.
Stecchino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3
karsten
macrumors 6502a

that's crazy i'll check it on mine later
karsten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:01 AM   #4
Vercingetorix
macrumors regular

Uh, mine came back. So it randomly went away, was gone for maybe a day, and then reappeared.

Very strange.
Vercingetorix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Panch0
macrumors 6502a

I've occasionally had all of the personalized menus - Recently Watched, Suggestions for You, Instant Queue - disappear. Usually, going back to the main menu and reopening Netflix has restored them. It seems like there is an occasional lag in accessing the account, but it has always been very temporary for me.
Panch0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:46 AM   #6
bobhayes123
macrumors newbie

Netflix, question, how to find 'Recently Watched' submenu?

I Have similar complaint about the disapearing 'Recently Watched' Submenu. It comes and goes for days and I cant continue with Recently watched Shows!!!!

I would love to hear from peole WITH SOLUTIONS... PLEASE!

If I post a solution to any topic it wont waste your time with "I Think". It will be "I Know" of a TESTED and PROVEN SOLUTION.
Thanks,
Bob
bobhayes123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 PM   #7
imazer
macrumors newbie

Perhaps

First, check out:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/15/netflix-post-play/

AFAIK, the "Recently Watched" function was an Apple TV add-on to the Netflix channel and was based upon meta-data provided by Netflix. It seems as though in response to the lawsuit that meta-data has been pulled away from developers who build apps to complement the Netflix service. See:

http://developer.netflix.com/blog/re...ix_API_Program

I was just trying to figure this out tonight.

Sigh.

--imazer
imazer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by imazer View Post
First, check out:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/15/netflix-post-play/

AFAIK, the "Recently Watched" function was an Apple TV add-on to the Netflix channel and was based upon meta-data provided by Netflix. It seems as though in response to the lawsuit that meta-data has been pulled away from developers who build apps to complement the Netflix service. See:

http://developer.netflix.com/blog/re...ix_API_Program

I was just trying to figure this out tonight.

Sigh.

--imazer
If it's an add on then Apple isn't the only ones adding it as my Sony BluRay s580 has the Netflix Recently Watched menu as well.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I use it for a TV series also.
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Vonniepedals
macrumors newbie

Talking The answer

I did it. I clicked on the top left Browse. I chose TV, I opened up one of the TV shows. The TV description and the episodes appeared. I clicked red X in top corner. I clicked on left Browse again. I clicked Home. All was back to normal.

I had to go to the trouble of making a user account and **** in order to post this, so if you find your happy place because of my post, please let me know.
Vonniepedals is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater