Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:32 AM   #1
jaz~
macrumors newbie

Where is the Phonetic Guide button in Microsoft Word 2011?

Hi, I'm having trouble putting in phonetic guides (aka ruby text or furigana) for my Japanese text in word.
I've looked up the help topic, and it says to click on this button under the fonts section:

But all i can find under "fonts" is this:

i.e. no phonetic guides button? Am i just really blind?
Help please & thank you!
jaz~ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:38 AM   #2
jaz~
macrumors newbie

I've found it! After days of struggling and experimenting, I have located the button!

If anyone's having the same problem, here's how I got the button to show up:

1. Close any MS Office documents open.

2. Open Finder > Macintosh HD > Applications > Microsoft Office 2011 > Additional Tools > Mircosoft ...ge Register

3. When the alert pops up, change the drop down language from English to Japanese and press OK.

4. Set your text to Japanese and all the language features will be there! Including gridlines for genkoyoushi and ruby text.

Hurrayyy~
jaz~ is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:27 AM   #3
tigbond
macrumors newbie

Phonetic guide for Chinese

I'm having the same problem except I need a phonetic guide for typing in Chinese. The Microsoft Language Register only has English and Japanese as options. Anyone know how to fix this?
tigbond is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:27 AM   #4
seedo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigbond View Post
I'm having the same problem except I need a phonetic guide for typing in Chinese. The Microsoft Language Register only has English and Japanese as options. Anyone know how to fix this?
Hi. I have found a way to get the Chinese options. You need to have Chinese (simplified or traditional) input already added into your Mac before you get to see the options available for Chinese.

When u have chosen Chinese from the drop down menu as stated above, go to Word and choose Format>Asian Layout>Phonetic Guide. You will get what you see in Word for windows ) Hope it helps.
seedo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:54 AM   #5
yunmei
macrumors newbie

chinese phonetic guide in MS office 2011

Anyone can help me to activate chinese phonetic guide?
Because in ms office language register only says japanese&english,
Need a help please
yunmei is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Onigiriman
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz~ View Post
I've found it! After days of struggling and experimenting, I have located the button!

If anyone's having the same problem, here's how I got the button to show up:

1. Close any MS Office documents open.

2. Open Finder > Macintosh HD > Applications > Microsoft Office 2011 > Additional Tools > Mircosoft ...ge Register

3. When the alert pops up, change the drop down language from English to Japanese and press OK.

4. Set your text to Japanese and all the language features will be there! Including gridlines for genkoyoushi and ruby text.

Hurrayyy~
I registered to this site so I could say, "Thanks"! You are a time--if not life--saver! 感謝感激
Onigiriman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 02:20 AM   #7
shutupthatswhy
macrumors newbie

Hi! I've followed the steps in the second post in this thread to use Japanese in Word, but I can't work how to create genkoyoushi. I've tried downloading genkoyoushi templates but can't work out how to type in those either. Can anybody help please?
shutupthatswhy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:32 AM   #8
rariseMac
macrumors newbie

MS Office Language Register

Dear all,

I do not find MS Office Language Register and I don't know where I can find it despite I followed the steps described above.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
rariseMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store