Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Im sorry for those pinwheel loverrs but i really hate that ugly pinwheel with a passion. if aqua goes with lion, i hope this does too. i personally think itll be the one you see in the mac app store when you click on a page. but really, that pinwheel is ugly

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I like the pinwheel more than just a simple timer, but, it would be nice to have the option of changing it.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
I agree... that pinwheel is getting a little old...

I'm not sure what would replace it, but the spinning bars on the iPhone and on the Mac App Store make a lot of sense.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I'd like to see them provide several and give us a choice. At least then we can change it occasionally.

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
If it ain't broke, then why fix it?

I'm just not sure that we need something more flashy, so to speak, to replace something that is obvious and gets the job done... It shows that something is happening, but you have to wait a bit to actually see content.

ufkdo

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
Turkey
Instead of changing pinwheel, Apple should work on to "kill" pinwheel. I mean, we will not see it anymore because we'll not wait :)

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
The pinwheel will most likely stay the same. It would not be that important to change it.

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
you do have a point. but i dunno about it cus i always looked at it as having a key role in the aqua theme... I dunno i just feel like if they get rid of aqua, then they would get rid of the pinwheel.. Just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.