Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
I dropped my iPad and there is dent in the corner which is pushing out the screen a bit. I was wondering if Apple would fix this and what the cost might be...

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
They don't typically fix iPads, they replace them

But accidental damage isn't covered by any warranty
Not sure the replacement cost (like iPhone)
Could be full price I suppose

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I dropped my iPad and there is dent in the corner which is pushing out the screen a bit. I was wondering if Apple would fix this and what the cost might be...
No, they will not fix such a problem with your iPad. You will have to buy a new one or just live with it. Lesson learned.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
You can try taking it to the Apple store if you make a big enough stink and talk to a manager you may get lucky although typically this isn't covered under warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
You can try taking it to the Apple store if you make a big enough stink and talk to a manager you may get lucky although typically this isn't covered under warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

So you are one of those that think "catching flies with vinegar" is a good idea? Just ask yourself: Do you like dealing with and letting ******s push you around and get there way?

Honey works 100x better.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
You can take it in to the Apple store and see what they can do. It is a long shot, but the worse thing they can tell you is that they won't fix it. Good luck.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
A friend of mine hit my iPad with their big stupid butt today and bent/dented my 64gb 3G I think I un bended it (looks close at least) but there's still a dent and it drives me nuts. I have a square trade warranty which covers accidental damage but I have minimal screen bleed and no dead pixels and the screen. Didn't get cracked so I don't think I wanna use up the warranty yet.

trust773

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
ipad screen replacement

A friend of mine hit my iPad with their big stupid butt today and bent/dented my 64gb 3G I think I un bended it (looks close at least) but there's still a dent and it drives me nuts. I have a square trade warranty which covers accidental damage but I have minimal screen bleed and no dead pixels and the screen. Didn't get cracked so I don't think I wanna use up the warranty yet.

Take it or send it to Chicago gadgets store, I got mine replaced there. http://Www.chicagogadgets.com They repair ipods iphones and ipads. Good luck!

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
They don't typically fix iPads, they replace them

But accidental damage isn't covered by any warranty
Not sure the replacement cost (like iPhone)
Could be full price I suppose

According to the work order I received (I didn't have to pay it, it was covered under warranty), the replacement cost is $269.

----------

Take it or send it to Chicago gadgets store, I got mine replaced there. http://Www.chicagogadgets.com They repair ipods iphones and ipads. Good luck!

Nice spam.

zigzagg321

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
the wire
The replacement cost for accidental damage is around half the cost of what the unit sold for new.

Pretty generous of Apple to cover half of the user's mistake.:apple:

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
The replacement cost for accidental damage is around half the cost of what the unit sold for new.

Yet still many times people expect Apple should pay for all the repairs and for their mistake.

I am not saying this is one of those situations, just what I have seen posted many times over on this forum.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

They get to sell the damaged iPad as refurbished after they replace the outer shell.

Selling on ebay and buying an actual new one would probably be cheaper.

I'm not saying that it should be free, but it should cost $269.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not saying that it should be free, but it should cost $269.

If I remember correctly, the cost also increases depending on the model (storage capacity and if it has 3G) of the iPad. I think the 3G 64GB iPad was close to $500 to repair/replace outside of warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.