Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:59 AM   #1
thomapa1
macrumors newbie

ATV2 will not play some movies - wheel ticks, no error

Been having an issue where some movies will not play on my ATV2. After I select a movie to play on my home theater setup, the wheel will spin (or tick) endlessly - will not come back with an error.

They play fine on the computer - iMac / iTunes - just won't stream to the ATV2.
If I Fast Forward the ATV2, I see a frozen screen shot of the proper spot in the movie - but the movie will not stream. Last night I tried about 6 different movies - none would play.
After checking for software updates (none needed) - rebooting the ATV2, rebooting the iMAC, resetting the wireless config in the ATV2 - some movies that did not play earlier would now play, but not all of them.

I download Apple format movies or use Handbrake to convert them to ATV2 format.

Any thoughts?
thomapa1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:06 AM   #2
ejbixie
macrumors newbie

Me, too!

I would love an answer to this. Seems like it may have something to do with Airport Extreme and Express being on same DNS or something like that. When I try to play on my ATV2 (never had an ATV1), the play/pause button seems to just get stuck on pause. When I try to access the "Apple TV" on my iTunes Airplay speakers, it says someone else is using it or I get an error message. Would love input.
ejbixie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater