Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teachelr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I have an xserve running 10.6.5 and I would like to create another boot partition so that I can keep the original configuration and try to create an updated server that I can cut over to when I get it right. Does anyone have any instructions on where to begin and can point me in the right direction? thanks

Abraham B

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
teachelr,

Might I ask how you currently have your disks configured? For instance, are you currently using RAID (software or hardware?), using all physical disks slots (of the three available), and how much space do you have remaining on the disks you are using?

Abe

teachelr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
There is raid on that machine, I have 2 partitions, one a back up and one the server hd. I have 990 gb left on the server hd. I want to reinstall the operating system, but the system disk just kicks out and I tried an external drive and it kick out. I can't get it to netboot, which I have a deploy studio server and I wanted to make a backup to it. I can't boot off the system disk. I am stuck. thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.