Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDeathReaperx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I can't even get to the Home Screen without putting in a AT & T Sim Card can someone help! It says "No Sim Card Installed, Insert a valid Sim Card without a pinlock to activate iPhone" (I want to run the iPhone with T-Mobile..)

Also, I'm in desperate need of finding a Unlock for the iPhone 3g 4.2.1 that allows me to update via iTunes when I need too. I don't want the hassle of always updating through pwnage tool. Link me to YouTube videos if possible!

EDIT: Do you think buying this would get me to the home screen because right now I can't even go to my home screen without a AT&T sim. I was thinking of buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...277732&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5224wt_907

Please Help!

Last edited:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
There is no unlock for 4.2.1 you are sol for now sorry but it's more about the baseband then the firmware I am guessing you didn't preserve baseband and updated via iTunes. If so all you can do is wait.

xDeathReaperx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2009

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Yea that looks like what you are looking for to get the phone to get to the home screen. I believe any AT&T sim will do. You could purchase one at an AT&T store but I think they are $15 or $25 there.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Yea that looks like what you are looking for to get the phone to get to the home screen. I believe any AT&T sim will do. You could purchase one at an AT&T store but I think they are $15 or $25 there.

ebay is way cheaper though you have to wait a few days or he could barrow a friends you just need one to activate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.