Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Focaldesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Dear all,

After seeing the Flickr set of Joey Celis and the PetaPixel rangefinder skin, I wanted to try this also for my iPhone 4.

Using high res images of a Leica M8 black edition I altered the positioning of the viewfinder and lens to fit the iPhone dimensions.

5439264428_2ee894c5d5.jpg

The black one only has the front of the Leica (back of my phone) since the back of the Leica (front of my iPhone) is mostly just black. This version I ordered throug Gelaskins.

After I noticed Gelaskins also let you design a skin for the front of your iPhone (skin + matching wallpaper) I decided to make a silver version also. The problem I encountered was the fact that the M8 (or M9 for that mather) are digital and I couldn't position the buttons and screen the way I wanted it. Therefor I made a fictional analog backside of the Leica which looks much better on an iPhone front.
This version I haven't ordered yet.

5438655899_0a4e763e55.jpg

When I saw the set of Joey Celis I found it a pitty he didn't provide the original files so others could use it. I am more then happy to share my black and silver files for everyone who wants to try it also.

UPDATE:
I've uploaded the jpeg's of both the black and silver version to Freakshare for you guys to download!

Regards,
Stefaan

Last edited by a moderator:

Focaldesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
These are awesome! If it is okay with you, how can I get the files to make one through Gelaskin?

When I saw the set of Joey Celis I found it a pitty he didn't provide the original files so others could use it. I am more then happy to share my black and silver files for everyone who wants to try it also.
The only problem is that my hosting is small and can't afford massive bandwith traffic. Placing it on Flickr to download probably is against their terms of agreement and file sharing websites only hold it available for a certain amount of days.

Do you guys have any idea where I can host those 3 files for free for an unlimited time and also see how many times it was downloaded?

enemi

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
I would love to have a copy of the Black Leica files!
It looks awesome.
@OP Have you tried hotfile and megaupload etc?
I don't think they are unlimited free hosting, I'm not sure as I have not done any uploading myself.

But I guess you could maybe put it up there and some one who has access to hosting can help you put up a mirror?

Thanks for creating the thread :D

Focaldesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
@OP Have you tried hotfile and megaupload etc?
I don't think they are unlimited free hosting, I'm not sure as I have not done any uploading myself.

But I guess you could maybe put it up there and some one who has access to hosting can help you put up a mirror?

Yes, rapidshare and megaupload (free version) delete the file afterthe file hasn't been downloaded for a certain amount of time. Also I doesn't seem to come with a form of keeping track how many times it was downloaded and for that I'm actually curious :)

Last edited:

chrisbetty

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2011
Definatly oredering the silver skin,Thanks for posting.I have his flickr stream of these saved on my safari tabs since i have been looking for one for quite awhile now,Thank you :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.