Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Wozza2010
macrumors member

Any way I can stream iTunes music from PC using iPad as interface?

Hi.

I've been racking my brains for a couple of days on how best to approach this.

Basically I want to stream my iTunes music collection via an Airport Express to my amplifier and speakers. My itunes collection is about 60GB+.

At first I thought I should sell my iPad 16GB wifi and replace with a 64GB iPad or possibly a 128GB iPad 2 and load all of my itunes music onto the iPad. But now I've realised that I can't afford an iPad 128GB or even a 64GB one.

Then I thought about just streaming the music from my laptop to the Airport Express. It just means bringing the laptop down with me to my living room every time I want to listen to a tune - the iPad is so much more convenient.

Then I looked into going the squeeze box route but didn't much fancy it, but it twigged an idea in my head.

Thats when I thought "YES!! THAT'S THE WAY!! BUT DOES AN APP EXIST FOR IT????"

Basically is there an App that enables me to control iTunes from my iPad so the iPad is like an interface for the iTunes content on my PC? So I can see all my albums on my iTunes PC harddrive, choose a song from my iPad and then stream the song from my PC to my amp via Airport Express??

Is this possible??? because its basically the same concept as a squeeze box touch and they are 200.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:38 PM   #2
benhollberg
macrumors 68020

Get the remote app, you can then use that to remotely control your iTunes library on your Mac or PC. You can even choose which speakers to play music on so you choose the Airport. I do this all the time at my cabin, it works perfect.

Last edited by benhollberg; Feb 21, 2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling.
benhollberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Wozza2010
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhollberg View Post
Get the remote app, you can then use that to remotely control your iTunes library on your Mac or PC. You can even choose which speakers to play music on so you choose the Airport. I do this all the time at my cabin, it works perfect.
OMG thank you so much!! That app is perfect!! You've made my day you really have and possibly saved me hundreds of pounds!!

Once again thank you!!

Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:10 AM   #4
benhollberg
macrumors 68020

I'm glad I could help.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad