Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1
madnhain
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule Bandwidth Limits?

My son just moved back into the home from college so I created a guest network on my time capsule to allow him internet, but keep him separate from the rest of my network. He's online playing games constantly and I'm getting rather tired of asking him to shut the games off till I finish my work because of the bandwidth he's consuming.

Is there a way to limit the amount of bandwidth the guest account uses? or even something along the lines of parental controls which allow certain times of usage?

this question has been asked previously in other forums with negative results, but I haven't come across a post concerning this in the past year or so.

Thanks!
madnhain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2
skorpien
macrumors 68020

If you want to limit the times that your son is allowed online, you can use Access Control (MAC address filtering) using AirPort Utility. I believe this will be applied to the guest network as well as the main network.

I haven't heard of a way to limit/throttle bandwidth usage on the AirPort Base Stations though.
skorpien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:53 PM   #3
madnhain
macrumors newbie

ok thanks, that allows time constraints... seems like for a guest network it would be a nice feature to be able to limit bandwidth usage though!
madnhain is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals