Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:53 AM   #1
mikeh20
macrumors newbie

Upgrading New MBP to Lion?

Newbie to Apple but just got the new MBP today...

If i purchase the mac dev ($99) once i get my MBP, can i do a clean install of Lion and skip learning snow leopard (i realize i have to use Snow leopard in order to get lion first).

Then what happens when lion is released...do i have to do a clean install and it wipes my hard drive? How does this work?

Thanks in advance for the newbie info!!
mikeh20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

Don't even think about it. The Developer Preview released today is just that: a preview for developers. Only. It's for people who not only can deal with bugs but are looking for them, as well as the people that write software and need to learn the new features. It's not for average users, or even somewhat above-average users, and definitely should not be your primary OS. Wait for the final release.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion