Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Old Muley
macrumors 6502a

Modern Warfare 2 Modbox for Mac?

My son is bugging me to download a program called "Modbox" which is supposed to allow you to modify the playing characteristics of the Modern Warfare game for his xBox. After quite a bit of searching, I'm not exactly sure that a mac version of this software actually exists. A Google search reveals 3 of the top 4 hits are for youtube videos of someone using what appears to be the Mac version of the software, but no actual information on downloading it. Most sources for mac software, such as MacUpdate don't even list this program.

Am I missing something?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Dagless
macrumors Core

You're asking us to help your son cheat/hack online games?
Modbox is so frowned upon, you also risk getting your XBLA account banned so yeah, it's quite a serious thing!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Old Muley
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
You're asking us to help your son cheat/hack online games?
Modbox is so frowned upon, you also risk getting your XBLA account banned so yeah, it's quite a serious thing!
Wow, I was unaware that's what it was. At least that's certainly not the way my son described it to me; he said it was to customize the way his character looked. I suppose that his talk about wanting to get his xBox "flashed" is probably not a good thing either.

I don't play anything on his xBox and I'm not even sure how to turn it on, so all this is new to me.

(Dang, I just realized I've turned into my dad!)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Muley View Post
(Dang, I just realized I've turned into my dad!)
Ha! Don't worry about it . One of my gaming buddies used it on his Xbox recently, got caught and now he's up that creek without a paddle.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:30 PM   #5
elmateo487
macrumors 6502

There ARE legit reason to flash an Xbox. Back in the day I had a rechipped Xbox with a switch on the back. I could turn off the new modification for Xbox live so I would not get banned, and turn it back on to play homemade applications, watch my music videos, browse the web etc.

But... if it is for Modern Warfare it is probably for cheating. Knowing personally, and playing a few games with cheats, I never played those games very long, and still don't play them. It's no fun.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G4uCISLfhi...modbox+4.3.PNG

have a look at this link, these are the new updates for Modbox. There are a few things that can customize appearance... but look at the rest? I mean for heavens sake, there is an option to win the game if you kill 3 people in a row! lol

Last edited by elmateo487; Feb 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: added link
elmateo487 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Old Muley
macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys for the input. The more I read about this stuff, the more I'm discovering there is a very seedy underbelly to the whole xBox world. My son has also fessed up to being taken advantage of by someone on xBox live who said they would "level him up" if he gave them the codes on his yet unused xBox live 3 month card. He gave up his codes and the guy disappeared... go figure...

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games